Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pure in Heart

Fridays are our district meetings.. In the third hour we got a call so I stepped out to take it and it was sister cindi brooks.. Love her and her husband.. There children are great too! But anyway she just called to confirm the dinner for that Sunday. As a was wrapping up the conversation she said "elder binns I really have been wanting to say this to you for awhile"... She began by saying "for a wee while we haven't been motivated the entire ward even to do missionary work and it's frustrating.. " ".. I just want you to know that your OBEDIENCE, an love , and especially your approach to the work, the gospel, has changed everything for us.. Your so relatable and just great.. You see it's awesome missionaries like yourself that come in and change the entire wards perception on what it takes an even means to be a missionary.. My husband and I think you awesome!" 
After obliging the comments and praises I had received I continued expressing my gratitude of her an her family.. 
Things like this show me I'm doin something right..

now this is not to boast or anything but really to be an example of how i really do love the work (most of the time). the thing is its not what you do in missionary work that matters at all its the HOW you do it.. i knew coming out already i had a unique perception, even ability to read and understand people in most cases do not posses. this has allowed to me to use my discretion in many ways.. i feel as though when you approach missionary work as not work but a missionary career things change.. the reason i say that is when we say WORK theres already a stigma Americans create for that.. but its the CAREER we all want.. something we have a passion for .. when we think its work we begin to not want to do it and our heart isnt there... its not work. but just like any career it didnt happen or become successful over night amm i right?? sooo thats just it decide the now if and when your going to push your comfort level.. decide now if you are going to take a unique approach for something.. Do not however create stigmas because eventually we find fault rapidly!
love the brooks family and im glad because of my particularly honest and sometimes brutally honest attitude and rough experiences(with many more to come) im able to seek out those who are pure in heart and capable of making this change in there life..

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're happy out there man, miss you every day

    ReplyDelete